Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Little Peek


Now that our teapot section is up on our website I've been receiving questions from people eager to see what other Yixing teapots we'll be selling. Since we're not as fast at posting new products as some would like, I've decided a quick preview of what's to come is the least our clients deserve. And I had to catalogue them anyway...

These are just some of what we'll be carrying in the future and we want to share a good mix of colors and styles. All of these pots were picked by Winnie or Michael and they have been part of the collection and the backdrop of Tea Gallery life for years. Another reason for the delay is Winne's attachment to her pots and she'll vacillate from selling to keeping a pot over the course of a few days. I understand the sentimental values she has for her pots but I've had a heck of a time keeping track of what can get sold and what can't.

I think she'd keep them all if she could but we really need to make room for some of the other teapots she found!

Well, it's back to work for me and these teapots but I hope this little look satisfied some curiosities...






1 comment:

yumcha said...

Well, judging from the number of e-mails I've gotten, you guys REALLY like teapots.
I just need to issue a correction regarding the last photo. The angular, pear shaped teapot and the last pot on the tray are actually not for sale. I didn't realize Winnie was still assessing whether or not she would keep them. And I posted them online before I knew her final decision. Sorry, I know many of you were interested in them. She cherishes them far too much to relinquish them at the moment.
I made a little joke and said,"If you love something, set it free..." But she wasn't amused.